If you are unsure what to do with your child all summer long, please consider sending them to the YMCA summer camp programs. We are ACA accredited and only hire staff who are all CPR, first aid and water safety certified. All of our staff work year-round in the after school program in Santa Clara at various sites.
We have a variety of camps to offer, and all our camps include swimming and field trips weekly. Our Brochure will be available by May or sooner. Please keep checking our website by visiting www.ymcasv.org for our summer camp brochure.
Welcome to the YMCA After School Program at Cabrillo Middle School. We only serve 6th through 8th grade Cabrillo Middle School students.
Here is some basic information on YMCA:
- Our program is in session Monday -Friday from the time students are released until 6:00 pm
- YMCA is closed on any school holidays including breaks or teacher in-service days
- The cost of the program varies, but we offer financial assistance and other options.
Our main focus is on academic enrichment through homework assistance and project-based learning.
If you would like to be added to our interest list, see the link, scan the QR code or you can contact the site director.
YMCA Attendance Policy
The YMCA After School Program has a very strict attendance policy this year and we will only be enrolling students and families who are able to abide by this policy. We are an After School Enrichment Program and not a day care, we have certain rules we need to follow in order to receive funding. Our rules for attendance are as followed:
- Students must participate M-F, this mean if they attended school and are enrolled in our program, they must be present at the YMCA from the time school lets out until 6:00 p.m. No child will be allowed to have part time hours.
- Parallel programs are only allowed if they are run by the school. Outside activities will no long be allowed on a regular basis.
- Children must be signed out daily by a parent unless the appropriate forms are completed.
Families who are not abiding by our attendance policies will be dropped from our program. If you have any questions regarding our attendance policy, please contact the director at (408) 590-6178.
*** Please remember to call (408) 590-6178 if your child is present at school but is not attending the YMCA.
After School Site Director
Cabrillo Middle School
YMCA OF SILICON VALLEY
1717 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126
Cabrillo Site: (408) 590-6178
Director: (408) 647-5071